Max has faced many medical challenges in his short life. Max and his twin sister, Coral, were born at 26 weeks in March 2012. After their birth, Max spent more than 15 months in the hospital until he was able to transition home in July.
Last Friday, Max’s mom, Jessi, scheduled Max and Coral’s first official outing together at a local park. Walking through their neighborhood, Max, his family, and his nurse were all met by a sea of media – and family and friends – who were all there to witness and share his incredible story.
In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights from their special day:
- Toddler Has First Picnic After 15 Months in Hospitals – CBS Chicago
- Video: Max’s First Trip to the Park – Chicago Tribune
- Playground Visit Milestone for Child with Health Problems – Chicago Tribune
- 16-month-old Boy with Lung Disease Enjoys 1st Day in Park – Chicago Sun-Times
- Video: Toddler Gets First Visit to Park After 15 Months in Hospital – NBC Chicago
We’re so proud of Max – and plan to continue to update you on his progress!